Each year in Europe nearly 150,000 tonnes of anti-fouling paint containing biocides are used. One square metre of anti-fouling paint contains on average 15 grams of biocide, and each gram pollutes 10,000 cubic metres of water. Now consider that a 30ft yacht has an immersed surface of around 25 square metres and it’s easy to appreciate the impact on marine life.
Extend your product and service portfolio giving your clients a toxine-free alternative to protect their boat hulls.
Thanks to its non-stick properties, MacGlide anti-fouling foil protects the hull from the colonization of marine micro-organisms without spreading toxic substances into the water as paint does. MacGlide is the innovative solution against fouling that expands your business offering and lets your customers sail responsibly in cleaner waters while saving money.
Become a partner and grow your business!
- Profitable - Shipyards see similar returns to anti-fouling paint when using MacGlide.
- Easy installation - No overspray contamination, and more comfortable for workers (no need for masks, gloves or dry suits).
- Better for human health - non-toxic to shipyard employees, with no biocide exposure.
- European Shipyard Network - become an authorized MacGlide applicator, showing your customers recognized credentials.
- Enhanced reputation - boat owners will see you as a provider of an innovative, eco-friendly and high-performance product.
- Personalized support - we’ll help you organize open-house demonstrations for customers, and you’ll be provided with application and marketing tools.
- Full training - Our nautic partners provide full training on preparing hulls and applying MacGlide.
Free MacGlide Brochure
Receive our free brochure with facts and figures on why you should choose MacGlide antifouling foil over toxic paint – help preserve marine life while adding value for your customers.
Fill out the form below and we will send you the brochure together with additional information about our antifouling solutions.
(* Mandatory fields)
“Estimates suggest a 30-foot sailboat will leach about two pounds of toxic copper into the water each year.”
“One of our customers, passionate about new technologies, read an article on this solution published in Motorboat magazine. He contacted me and wanted to install the MacGlide anti-fouling film on his new boat Beneteau Trawler 35. We asked Mactac’s nautic partner for some application training, following which the boat was in the water just one week later. I admit to being a little skeptical about MacGlide properties. I interviewed my client twice during the season: he is delighted with the product and confirms that the hull is perfectly clean!”
Emmanuel Marcantoni, Paturle Plaisance (France) USHIP Network and Beneteau Dealer.