What is MacGlide?
Each year in Europe, nearly 150,000 tonnes of anti-fouling paint containing biocides are used in order to prevent aquatic organisms from sticking themselves to hulls. These paints release toxic substances into the ocean, which have a very harmful impact on marine fauna and flora.
Become a provider of an innovative, eco-friendly and high-performance product. Be ready for tomorrow!
Thanks to its non-stick properties, MacGlide fouling protection and release foil prevents the colonization of marine micro-organisms on your hull in the same way as anti-fouling paint, however without spreading toxic substances into the water. MacGlide is an innovative solution against fouling developed by Mactac and PPG.
The advantages of MacGlide fouling protection and release foil over anti-fouling paint
- Easy installation - No overspray contamination; more comfortable for workers (no need for masks, gloves or dry suits).
- Improved aesthetic - the MacGlide foil presents a smoother, glossier finish compared to anti-fouling paint.
- Safeguarding of human health - non-toxic to shipyard employees, with no biocide exposure.
- Profitability - Profitability - Shipyards see similar returns to anti-fouling paint when using MacGlide.
- European Shipyard Network - become an authorized MacGlide applicator, showing your customers recognized credentials.
- Enhanced reputation - boat owners will see you as a provider of an innovative, eco-friendly and high-performance product.
- Personalized support - we’ll help you organize open-house demonstrations for customers, and you’ll be provided with application and marketing tools.
- Full training - Our nautic partners provide full training on preparing hulls and applying MacGlide.
Free MacGlide Brochure
Receive our free brochure with facts and figures on why you should choose MacGlide antifouling foil over toxic paint. It’s the simple and profitable way to help preserve marine life.
Fill out the form below and we will send you the brochure along with additional information about our antifouling solutions.
(* Mandatory fields)
“Estimates suggest a 30-foot sailboat will leach about two pounds of toxic copper into the water each year.”
“One of our customers, passionate about new technologies, read an article on this solution published on Motor boat magazine. He contacted me and wanted to install the MacGlide anti-fouling film on his new boat Beneteau Trawler 35. We asked Mactac’s nautic partner for some application training, following which the boat was in the water just one week later. I admit to being a little skeptical about MacGlide properties. I interviewed my client twice during the season: he is delighted with the product and confirms that the hull is perfectly clean!”
Emmanuel Marcantoni, Paturle Plaisance (France) USHIP Network and Beneteau Dealer.
Adhesive films are not only less expensive than paint, they’re also easier to apply and there’s no need to park your boat in a paint booth to give it a makeover: the adhesive film can even be applied outdoors. Mactac views environmental responsibility as an integral part of good corporate citizenship and an essential consideration in the products we manufacture, the processes we employ and the research and development activities we carry out.